Junior Graphic Designer
Want to help small businesses succeed? Have a passion for design and a desire to be part of a quickly growing Internet marketing firm in north Georgia? GetUWired is an industry leader that’s looking for a junior graphic website designer to add to the tribe.
This is not a remote position, and we do require you in the office 8am-5pm with the opportunity to earn work from home privileges over time. We can’t throw soft, plushy things at you if you’re at home.
In this role, you will craft new designs, concepts, and sample layouts for websites and company branding. It requires the proven ability to think and execute conceptually, systematically and graphically. The conceptualist in you will be creating visual stories and building brands. The systematic thinker in you should be able to understand and design complex experiences, interfaces and websites (both with and without established style guides). You will be an authority in visual design, typography and layout and how they translate to the digital space.
In this position, you will work alongside copywriters, marketing strategists, researchers, developers, and other designers.
Salary range is $28-45K, dependent on skill level and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- A positive personality and awesome work ethic
- Ability to produce cutting edge, creative and exceptional design work
- In-depth knowledge and skills in Photoshop and Illustrator
- General understanding of typography, layout, color and general design theory
- High attention to detail
- General understanding of tools and trends (i.e. Social Media) in the marketing/advertising/design industry
- Ability to function independently and in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
Types of projects you may be asked to design:
- Websites (homepages, landing pages, internal pages, blog rolls, etc) both from scratch and within a whitelabel
- Facebook and other social media ads
- Ebook Layouts
- Print material (Business cards, coupons, booklets, etc)
- Branding Guides
- And more!
GetUWired is a rapidly growing Internet marketing firm with offices located in Dahlonega and Gainesville, Georgia; so you’ll get to avoid that road-rage-inducing commute to Atlanta every single day. The purpose of GetUWired is to help small businesses succeed.
We’re a fun, fast-paced company with a laid back, award-winning culture. Seem like a bit of a contradiction? That’s what we do best. Bringing together two worlds, Tech and rural North Georgia, we call our rare, dynamic dichotomy “CabinPunk.”
Our Mission: The relentless pursuit of self-improvement by focusing on our unique culture, quality of work, and achievements within our ecosystem.
Our Core Values:
- Empower: We empower and respect small businesses
- Respect: We honor the role and respect the position
- Excellence: We take pride and ownership in our work
- Challenge: We define and conquer every challenge
- Tribe: We _________ Together
The Internet marketing space is an ever-evolving place, and we invite you to join our groundbreaking and constantly expanding team! Please go to http://www.getuwired.com/employment-application/ to fill out an application and to submit your resume and portfolio!
Take a peek at our benefits here: https://secure.justworks.com/benefits/company_benefits_overviews/397eec4c-ac16-4280-b731-0b760eabb3a7/show
Want to learn more about GetUWired before taking the plunge? Visit www.getuwired.com and don’t forget to check out our awesome glassdoor reviews at https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-GetUWired-EI_IE952348.11,20.htm
GetUWired is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.